Friday, January 11, 2008

Success Quotes-3

Havelock Ellis:

It is on our failures that we base a new and different and better success.


Helen Keller:

I long to accomplish a great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker.


Henry David Thoreau:

The greatest compliment that was ever paid me was when one asked me what I thought, and attended to my answer.


Henry David Thoreau:

I have learned, that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.


Henry Ford:

If you think you can, you can. And if you think you can't, you're right. also attributed to Mary Kay Ash


Henry Wadsworth Longfellow:

The heights by great men reached and kept / Were not attained by sudden flight, / But they, while their companions slept, / Were toiling upward in the night.


Herbert B. Swope:

I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure: which is: Try to please everybody.


J.C. Penney:

Give me a stock clerk with a goal and I'll give you a man who will make history. Give me a man with no goals and I'll give you a stock clerk.


James A. Froude:

You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.


John C. Maxwell:

The depth of your mythology is the extent of your effectiveness.


Jonathan Kozol:

Pick battles big enough to matter, small enough to win. On Being a Teacher


Lily Tomlin:

Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world.


Lloyd Jones:

Those who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try nothing and succeed. (adapted)


Louis L'Amour:

Nobody got anywhere in the world by simply being content.


Margaret Mead:

I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings.


Marie Ebner von Eschenbach:

Conquer, but don't triumph.


Maxine Hong Kingston:

To me success means effectiveness in the world, that I am able to carry my ideas and values into the world -- that I am able to change it in positive ways.


Maya Lin:

To fly, we have to have resistance.


Michael Korda:

To succeed, we must first believe that we can.


Oliver Wendell Holmes:

Greatness is not in where we stand, but in what direction we are moving. We must sail sometimes with the wind and sometimes against it -- but sail we must and not drift, nor lie at anchor.


Pablo Picasso:

My mother said to me, "If you become a soldier, you'll be a general; if you become a monk, you'll end up as the Pope." Instead, I became a painter and wound up as Picasso.


Pearl S. Buck:

The person who tries to live alone will not succeed as a human being. His heart withers if it does not answer another heart. His mind shrinks away if he hears only the echoes of his own thoughts and finds no other inspiration.

0 comments: